The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum’s Kitchen and Catering Associate is a full-time position responsible for ensuring the guest experience at the counter, preparing food and completing food orders within the Museum’s Cafe. This position reports to the Museum’s Kitchen and Catering Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciliation of the daily cash drawer and credit card reports
- Set up of front end of café (including the dining area)
- Assistance with back end of café prior to opening
- Cleaning of all front/back end of café areas and supplies used
- Food preparation for caterings
- Cross train to cover back end of café when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- One or more years of experience in food service preferred
- One or more years of experience in catering preferred
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
- Must have or be willing to complete ServSafe Food Handler training
- Must be willing to work 32-40 hours per week
- Work schedule will include weekends.
- Work may be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Some outdoor work (camps and events) will be performed in varying weather conditions.
- Physical work will include, and require, lifting items no more than 30 pounds.
JOB CLASSIFICATION/OTHER: Full-time, hourly. Benefits included.