The Guest Services Associate contributes to the growth of the Museum by providing excellent customer service during all guest interactions. Guest Services Associates are an integral part of daily operations and the Museum’s first impression on guests.
- Provide exceptional customer service while welcoming and admitting visitors, answering inquiries, providing assistance, and operating the phones.
- Keep admissions area clean, organized, and stocked.
- Promote additional Museum products, services, and experiences: rentals, special events, memberships, shopping, dining, etc.
- Monitor Museum hangars to ensure visitor safety and security.
- Provide customer-service-oriented experiences through simulator operation and/or gift shop assistance.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of Museum overnights, camps, and other event programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills for enthusiastically and attentively answering inquiries regarding exhibits, special attractions, directions, and assistance for enhancing the customer experience.
- Retail and/or monetary transaction experience helpful.
- Ability to learn and operate POS/admission register system and balance cash drawer.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and proactively handle tasks and situations.
- Ability to interact and supervise youth (as part of a team and independently), work weekends, nights, and overnights as needed.
- Ability and commitment to learning content pertinent to Museum programming
- Must have weekend availability.
- Ability to stand or walk during shift.
- Physical work will include, and require, lifting items no more than 30 pounds.
Job Classification/Work : Part-time
Fill out your Application here