The Museum is seeking an intern that can represent our organization in a variety of situations, is creative, and has excellent professional verbal and communication skills. Primarily, this internship will support the Museum’s Events and Rentals Coordinator. This internship will assist the Museum’s development, marketing, and event planning efforts through event management and coordination, research, database maintenance, and administrative support. Limited evening and weekend work may be asked.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with coordinating event details, event planning meetings.
- Coordinate production and distribution of event materials.
- Record reservations for events.
- Assist during the event and with event follow-up.
- Compile event data and report on the results.
- Assist Deputy Director, Event Coordinator, Marketing, and Development with duties as needed.
Desired traits, characteristics, background or skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Office is expected; proficiency using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining attention to details.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Written and oral ability to communicate effectively with Museum staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take directions.
- Creative problem solvers preferred.
- Good attention to detail and some administrative experience.
Commitment: Part-time, 20 hours per week.
The minimum time commitment is two eight-hour days (or four half-days) per week onsite at the museum; four hours may be worked from home or campus as approved by the Director of Human Resources & Community Partnership.