Facility Operations Technicians (Techs) are responsible for providing a clean and safe environment of the highest standard in support and defense of the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum’s mission.
- Provide basic housekeeping duties including but not limited to cleaning restrooms, running floor cleaning machines, emptying garbage receptacles, sanitizing surfaces, sweeping, mopping, dusting, re-stocking paper products, vacuuming, and other duties as assigned.
- Complete work orders and various building repairs and upkeep as assigned.
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems as assigned.
- Maintain, operate, and monitor all HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and fire safety systems in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Assist with grounds care to include mowing, trimming, leaf blowing, snow removal, and other duties as assigned.
- Review and understand the equipment and methods of operating a building management system.
- Perform pre-and post-event preparation and clean-up to include table and chair configuration, lighting set-up, vehicle maneuvering, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with safety and fire codes at all times
- Support after-hours and weekend events as assigned.
- Maintain a friendly and inviting attitude at all times to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Work closely with other Techs and team members from other departments in an organized and cooperative manner.
- Contact vendors and contractors as needed and as directed.
- Ensure all facility safety and security standards are being met and adhered to at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Have a working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and other building systems
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, climb ladders, and lift 50-75 pounds regularly.
- Possess excellent communication, reporting, hearing/listening, reading, writing, clerical, basic math, analytical, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Availability to work weekend hours periodically as well as satisfying a rotating after-hours event support schedule.
- Must be willing to work inside, outside, on roofs, and in hot and cold weather.