Camps at the Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum
ASHLAND, NE (Nov. 15, 2017) – The Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum is offering new camp experiences for winter break. There are several camps to choose from with themes in aviation, space, engineering, robotics, and technology. Date options range from December 26, 2017 through January 4, 2018.
The camp offerings are best for grades 1-6 and include one-day or four-day combination of experiences. New this year is before-and-after care and box lunch options so parents can plan their child’s adventure around their busy day.
Aviation or Space Themed Camps
- Above & Beyond includes a mix of aviation and space activities with a learn to fly ride in our flight simulators!
- SPY Gamesis a fun interactive camp where participants learn surveillance and how to break codes.
- Build It is anintroduction to engineering, complete with building and testing various projects.
- Build It Bigger is our next step up, is full of twists, and turns as campers use their experience in structural engineering challenges.
- Robotics utilizesmultiple hands-on activities with a variety of lower and higher tech equipment, such as Spheros, Cubelets, and Lego Robotics designed to teach problem-solving skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Advanced Robotics explores multiple robotic hands-on activities with a variety of tech equipment designed to teach problem-solving skills in a fun and engaging way. Campers will build a robot, program it, and complete challenges to see which robot can accomplish more tasks effectively!
- OH SNAP! Circuitry includes multiple activities using circuits and campers build a game to take home.
- Got Game is a coding camp where campers build their own video game and unleash their creativity by devising a board or card game.
Pre-registration is required on the Museum’s website www.SACMuseum.org or call the education department at 402.944.3100 x 204.
Camp Pricing: $75 non-member / $50 member for a one-day camp or choose a 4-day combo for $300 non-member / $200 for members. The museum offers before and after program care for $10, so parents can drop off as early as 7:30 a.m. and pick up at 5:30 p.m. Box lunches option is $6 per day.