Adventure Camps Await at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum
ASHLAND, NE (February 1, 2017) – This summer the Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum is offering new camp experiences that focus on aviation, robotics, space, and technology.
The Museum is offering several camps from June 5, 2017 through August 4, 2017 for grades 1-6 with a one-day camp, three-day or a five-day combination of experiences.
Aviation or Space-Themed Camps
- Military Adventure Camp gives campers the taste of boot camp as they learn survival skills, set up communication, and learn to navigate an obstacle course.
- Forces of Flight or Ready for Take Off teach youth about all aspects of aviation and include a simulated learn to fly experience.
- SPY Games is a fun interactive camp where participants learn about surveillance and how to break a code.
- Out of This World offers campers the opportunity to develop their own alien, environment and language. The camp includes a variety of space themed activities and an exploration of the galaxy.
- Drone Camp is perfect for students interested in pursuing careers in aviation! Campers will learn from experts in the field, learn to fly a drone and complete missions using a drone.
- OH SNAP! Circuitry includes multiple activities using circuits and campers build a game to take home.
- Kids that Code is a computer programming camp where participants build their own video app that they can play at home.
- Robotics Camps teach problem-solving skills in a fun and engaging way through the exploration of multiple activities and a variety of low and high tech equipment. The offerings range from beginners to extreme.
The price is $75 for a one-day camp, $200 for a three-day camp, or $325 for a five-day camp. Discounts apply for a three-day or five-day experience and members receive further discounts. The museum offers before and after program care for $10 per day, so parents can drop off as early as 7:30 a.m. and pick up as late as 5:30 p.m.
The registration deadline is May 15, 2017 to ensure a free t-shirt. Information and registration can be found on the Museum’s website www.SACMuseum.org or call the education department at 402.944.3100 x 204.