ASHLAND, NE (October 6, 2016) – The Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum Winter Camps will inspire imaginations and ambitions of participants, while developing the future scientists and engineers of our community. There are eight one-day camps and one two-day robotics camp to choose from and they are customized for grade levels 1-8.
Campers can choose from robotics, aviation, engineering, and computer programming and new this year Art²Science and STEM Wars. Camp pricing is $75 for the one-day camps and the two-day robotics camp is $150.
Camps run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. the week of December 26, 2016 through January 5, 2017.
- Art²Science: Create a portfolio of science based art. Campers will create masterpieces using gelatin and patterns using math. They will explore geometry, how the brain processes color and the effect of motion.
- Engineering Camp: This camp is a fast-paced day full of building challenges. From pyramids to zip-lines, campers will spend the day using basic supplies to build complex structures and exploring the limits of their ingenuity.
- Kids Can Code: Learn about building levels, designing characters and basic animation. Campers will leave having designed their own video game that can be shared with others.
- Mad Scientist: This camp is a mad scientist experience creating experiments, making slime, edible juice balloons, fruit spaghetti, geysers of soda foam and creating a pet monster.
- Make Create Innovate: Campers will have an electrifying day as they explore the world of electrical engineering. They will build their own hologram projector and design an electronic “Operation” game.
- Robotics 101: An introduction to three different types of robots: LittleBits, Cubelets, and Sphero, designed to teach problem solving skills in a fun and engaging way.
- Robotics 201: An introduction into programming Lego EV3 systems. Build a robot, program it and compete against other groups to see which robot can accomplish more tasks effectively!
- STEM Wars: Explore the dark depths of space and the science behind Star Wars. Campers will complete Sith Lord type challenges like building a death star or mastering the art of the light saber.
- Take Flight Aviation Camp: Learn about flight from gliders to jets to rockets. Campers build their own gliders, rockets, design a helicopter and test their own flight skills in a flight simulator and a drone!